London Winter Walk
A great event to walk off the Christmas celebration, and to kick start your New Year fitness regime taking in the highlights of the Thames, historic bridges, and many more key landmarks! Join #teamcardio on either the full or half marathon, both starting & finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground on Saturday 29 & Sunday 30th January.
London Winter Walk is organised by our event partners, Action Challenge. Click here to find out more about the event.
How we'll support you:
- Fundraising support from the Cardiomyopathy UK fundraising team
- Free bobble hat and neck buff
- Signed route and support
- A walk app and Facebook group
- Free Cardiomyopathy UK t-shirt and fundraising materials
- Free food and drink
- Finisher's medal and certificate
Sign up and fundraising options:
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place - fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Statement of fitness
We are very grateful to all of our fundraisers, many of whom are personally affected by cardiomyopathy. The charity has a duty of care for the health and welfare of all of our fundraisers. In this respect, when anyone is diagnosed with a serious health condition such as cardiomyopathy or myocarditis, or an immediate family member has cardiomyopathy and wishes to undertake a challenge event, we kindly ask that they provide a written statement of fitness from their cardiologist, dated within one year.
Please speak to us about providing a statement of fitness before paying a deposit or registration fee.